Relief for Neck Pain
The neck is also known as the cervical spine. It starts at the base of your skull and consists of seven small bones. These seven small bones hold the very important task of supporting your entire head which weighs approximately 12 lbs in an upright position. The neck muscles themselves are posture muscles which mean they are not strong muscles. Even delicate injuries can recent from everyday activities.
Our team at Diamond Chiropractic are experts when it comes to neck pain. We help patients with neck injuries resulting from sleeping wrong to car accidents which often leads to whiplash conditions.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
The most common causes today are poor posture and poor head placement. People often spend hours on their phone with their head tilting downward. In this position, the head feels like it weighs 20-35 lbs instead of its normal 10-12 lbs. As a result, neck pain occurs.
Neck pain can also occur from work-related, auto, or sports-related injuries. These often start with a sudden “pull” and general building of the pain intensity. If left untreated, these develop into the frozen neck syndrome.
The third type of neck pain is caused by spinal misalignment. When the cervical bones are not in the proper position, they put pressure on the surrounding nerves. They pinch the nerve, causing pain and muscle spasm. This pressure can cause damage to the nerves flowing into the shoulder, arm, and hand. Symptoms like tingling and numbness of the hand and fingers are very common.
The most common reasons that people experience neck pain include:
- Text Neck. Looking down at mobile devices too long can strains your neck muscles. The average is now close to four hours on our cellular devices.
- Whiplash. This condition typically affects people who have been in car accidents or personal injuries. Whiplash causes small tears to the muscles and ligaments of the neck, causing neck pain, swelling, muscle spasm and limited range of motion.
- Stress. Job related, family, and just life in general. Stress causes the muscles to become alert and constantly ready for action, resulting in pain in the neck, back and head.
- Muscle strain. Muscle strain again very similar to whiplash but limits itself to torn muscle fibers.
- Subluxations. A subluxation is what happens when the vertebrae puts pressure on the nerves exiting the spinal cord.
- A bulged or herniated disc. This occurs when a vertebral disc protrudes from the tough casing that encloses it. This condition usually involves upper extremity radiating symptoms like pain, numbness, and tingling.
- Improper sleep. Your body regenerates and heals at night. If you are not getting 6-8 hours of restful sleep, you will have neck pain.
Treatment for Neck Pain
To help you correct and heal your neck pain without drugs or surgery, we use conservative fast and effective chiropractic treatment. This is a very light chiropractic adjustment (safe for babies and grandmothers) to realign your musculoskeletal system.
We use needleless acupuncture to stimulate endorphin release and accelerate the natural healing in your neck. Acupuncture helps with headaches and migraines caused by neck pain and upper back/ cervical spine injury, too. It is ideal for patients who want treatment without using certain medications. That is, medications that cause grogginess after taking them.
Our Chiropractor in Omaha uses the following to relief your neck pain:
- Chiropractic adjustment. Spinal adjustment is the technique that chiropractors use to relieve patient pain, speed the healing process and improve the functioning of the nervous system. Spinal adjustment is a technique that chiropractors use to heal all patients.
- Stretches and exercises. Stretches and exercises can help improve range of motion for patients suffering from muscle pain and musculoskeletal injuries.
- Lifestyle advice. Our lifestyle advice helps patients avoid injuries and muscle pain. They include posture changes, sleeping habits, pillow recommendations and may more.
- Corrective Exercises. Along with treatment in our office, we also provide our patients with corrective exercises. These exercises get your body up and moving so you can maintain the therapeutic benefits of chiropractic treatments in between your sessions.
Contact Our Omaha Chiropractor for Neck Pain
To get started with chiropractic care for your neck pain, choose our Omaha, NE chiropractor today. Diamond Chiropractic is currently accepting new patients of all ages. Call our office today. When it comes to neck pain get relief NOW & FAST.